While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers' trust. Keeping customer information secure and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at ASL.
"Personal information" means any information that relates to a natural person, which either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with ASL, is capable of identifying such person.
- financial information such as Trading or Demat account or other confidential details;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service;
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the right to information act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of this policy.
This Policy is applicable to personal information and sensitive personal data or information collected by ASL or its affiliates directly from the customer or through ASL’s online portals, mobile apps and electronic communications.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
ASL collects and uses the financial information and other personal information from its customers. This information is collected and used for specific business purposes or for other related purposes designated by ASL or for a lawful purpose to comply with the applicable laws and regulations. ASL shall not divulge any personal information collected from the customer, for cross selling or any other purposes.
The User authorises ASL to exchange, share, part with all information related to the details and transaction history of the User to its Affiliates in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network as may be required by law, customary practice, statistical analysis, credit scoring, verification or risk management or any of the aforesaid purposes and shall not hold ASL liable for use or disclosure of this information. All Information collected shall be used for the relevant lawful purposes connected with various functions or activities of ASL related to services in which the User is interested, and/or to help determine the eligibility of the User for the product/services requested/ applied/ shown interest in and/or to enable ASL the User verification and/or process applications, requests, transactions and/or maintain records as per internal/legal/regulatory requirements and shall be used to provide the User with the best possible services/products as also to protect interests of ASL.
The authenticity of the personal information provided by the customer shall not be the responsibility of ASL.
Any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as personal information for the purposes of this Policy and ASL shall not be responsible for the same.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information collected by ASL shall not be disclosed to any other organization except:
- where the disclosure has been agreed in a written contract or otherwise between ASL and the customer;
- where ASL is required to disclose the personal information to a third party on a need-to-know basis, provided that in such case ASL shall inform such third party of the confidential nature of the personal information and shall keep the same standards of information/ data security as that of ASL.
Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures
The security of personal information is a priority and is protected by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable laws. ASL shall take reasonable steps and measures to protect the security of the customer’s personal information from misuse and loss, un-authorized access, modification or disclosure. ASL maintains its security systems to ensure that the personal information of the customer is appropriately protected and follows the extant standard encryption norms followed for the transmission of information. ASL ensures that its employees and affiliates respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by ASL.
In order to address any discrepancies or grievances related to the personal information residing with ASL, the customer may visit: http://simplehai.axisdirect.in/
Notice of change
ASL may, from time to time, change this Policy as may be required.
Here then is our promise to our customers:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver service to our customers. This includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the customer, or are required by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct our business in a manner that fulfills our Promise.